Monday, November 28, 2011

Mono? Lord, really? otayy

So going to my last post...plans have def. changed. For the past 4 days now I have been in bed. I have been in bed sleeping, hacking up nasty stuff, and watching TV shows. Not to mention the insane sore throat I have. When I am alert I spend my time on Facebook or conversing with someone online. That idea of taking hold of Oviedo hasn't really worked out.
I went to the doctor yesterday and waited 4 hours. Let me explain the experience. I finally get into contact with my Prof. I have to meet her at the autobus station for some reason. So with me being half dead I asked my friend to walk me there. My Prof and I take the bus there. Get off and are completely lost...
We finally find the Emergency room. At first it was a totally breeze getting admitted. I started to think this was awesome. As we took the green line that lead us to the...WAITING room. One reason why I can't stand hospitals. They then again asked me questions and took my blood pressure. In the meanwhile my Prof is translated everything for me. Even though the nurse spoke English. She was so sweet. I loved her. I really did because she made me feel comfortable and at ease.
Then the thing that I dreaded. They took my blood...I've had blood drawn before but holy crap they took so much. Then I got an IV drip to top it off. Which in fact made me feel the best I had felt in days. After that I sat with my Prof listening to The American Story podcast. An hour later they brought me to this room that I swear could of been a interrogating room. A bit weird. Then she dropped the news...mono.
My world shacked for a bit because I knew exactly what it meant...me doing nothing for days on end. Finally we left after 4 hours.
I talked to my brother Blake and my dad that night. And my dad gave me some daunting news to my world. If I don't feel better as in better, than I did Sunday, Barcelona wasn't an option. My last excursion through the beauties of Spain. He also said it might be wise to stay home during January...I almost cried. Weird but I miss Calvin and in January I had some many things going. Two classes, my job back, and living in a house with out my dad for the first time.
So what is God trying to say? I'm not really sure at all. I'm confused. But this is life and he has it in his hands.
For this week. My plan of action. Is to sleep the whole day. Or least try. I'm terrible at sleeping in the day for long periods of time. And drinking tons of water. I currently possess a 1.5L water bottle. Drinking that baby twice a day or even more. My body will wake myself up to get a drink...its insane. I will most likely lose a bunch of weight. I haven't had coffee or soda sense last Wednesday. I haven't smoked a cig in over a week. Maybe this is God's way of telling me how insanely horrible my way of taking care of my body was wrong. I wouldn't doubt it one bit. As I proceed to get better...that will be my "motto".
I also have this terrible time of letting people take care of me other than my mom. I honestly taking care of so well by my mom when I was sick. It was like the all knowing mom syndrome. She would ask a question like, "would you like scrabbled eggs? That would make you feel better, uh?" And of course she was right. She took care of my body better than I did.
With the things changing at snap...I have to proceed to a healthier me for many reasons.
So my readers, pray that I feel better soon. Pray for my host mom has this might not be easy on her. Also, I hope to see my States readers soon. :]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll be praying for you!! ( although you being home longer doesn't sound so bad to me ;)) love you!!