Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Oviedo Dwellers '11


This isn’t so much as a blog but a thank you to people on my trip. How they have shaped me a bit more. The group that became family.
I’m going to go through everyone...and with no order. Some will be descriptions and others will be how they helped me.


Nicole- I thank her for teaching me how to be interested when I wasn’t. For making things seem more fun than they were. Also, she has this non judging aroma to her. She made it easy to talk to her and just say whatever I needed to say. She warmed my heart.

Amanda- For being intelligent and sassy. She has this quite outer appearance but when you get  to know her, it is like a whole new world. She jokes, laughs, gets serious, and can just relax. I would love to talk about political issues with her.

Stephanie- I love how quite she can be. Though she knows when to say the right thing. She can be a lot of fun and knows when to. I enjoy her company even if its silent. I am sometimes intimidated by people with this personality. But I think it can teach you a lot about yourself. Because she listens when you talk.

Eric- I like Eric a lot. He can be awkward and say funny things. But it is entirely refreshing not having a guy who is always loud and saying something. Small talk or filling the void in the room isn’t always needed. He likes the meat of the story.

Tim- Tim is a great guy. He stands his ground and doesn’t let people even think of pushing him around. Easy to talk to about...anything. I wouldn’t say he is quite but I would say something like reserved. Not meaning beliefs but attitude. He doesn’t shout to the world what he is doing or saying but instead just does it.

E.B-She is delightful. She has her opinion and love it. I might not always agree but I love how she stands her ground. Life isn’t an obstacle to her but something to live...its encouraging.

Nait- He makes me smile even when I am down. He enjoys life...from what I can tell. The trip just wouldn’t be the same without him. He has his opinion but a lot of times keeps it to himself. I admire him and how he carries himself.

Kayla- She has to be the most intriguing person on this trip at times. In the beginning she was so quite but not because she was shy but because that is just her. Though once she starts talking...it is so great to listen to. I have enjoyed being friends with her and seeing her be comfortable with the group. She isn’t someone who just lets all her secrets out on the table but observes and if asked she will tell you to a certain extent.

Grant- He loves to dance. He loves to see everything he can see. He loves God. Definitely a great guy. Oh and he loves to talk about religion. :]

Anne- At times we rub against each other and other times we seem to be so connected. I’m blessed to have her on this trip. I think it would be very different with her not here. I know I have to thank her for some of the things I left behind in my old self. She knows her limits and she also knows what is most important in life, most of time. She’s pretty special.

Mag- Interesting. Life of the party at times. Caring for so many people. And of course late to class. Everyone calls him a hipster, me too, and he denies it. It might be because its a label? :] Anyways, he has a very kind heart.

Sarah- I haven’t had a lot of chances to get to know her but from what I have. She is sweet and kind. Gives this calm and collective feel to the air. In our Bible study I enjoyed listening to what she had to say. I feel comfortable around her.

Blair- I like her a lot. She has a strong personality and isn’t afraid of showing it. I love her zeal for God and for her love of Spain. Encouraging. She just makes things a bit more exciting.

Russell- At times I would of punched him...but we all know he is just like a teddy bear. The day we went to Gijon together with Mag is one of my best memories in Spain. A guy worth getting to know.

Aaron- As much as he can get under my skin...I enjoy having him in the group. I think he spices things up from the norm.

Hannah- I wasn’t sure what to expect from her because when we first met...it wasn’t anything special. But through these months I have respect for her. I appreciate our friendship. It isn’t forced or awkward but relaxed and easy.

Tyler- I love this guy. He has a heart of gold and has grown so much on this trip. I was sad to see him go but knew it was what he had to do. He is certainly turning into a man of God.

I do not write this to show off or make people say something nice back to me but to show that our group was certain different. Our personalities are all different. Some of us click better than others, some us would rather be on our own more, and some of us where right in the thick of it. We became a family. With all our different attributes it made what we all needed. I can only speak for myself but as I look over our group I think it stands true for all. I have no idea what will happen when get back to Calvin. Or even when we get back to our own families. How will we react on the path or when we have to introduce them to our closest friends at Calvin? I have no idea because I just spent 3 1/2 months with the same 17 people.
I pray that I don’t differently when they see me with other people. Why? Because who I am in Spain is the person i wanted to become. I’m healthy...and working towards being a better person. A person in glorifying God.


No comments: